ASH TRANSPARENCY GUIDELINES
- COMMITMENT TO TRANSPARENCY -- As a medical specialty society dedicated to the education and research of treatment strategies for hypertension and related cardiovascular diseases, ASH is committed to transparency and appropriate disclosure for itself as a Society, for its Responsible Persons, and for Faculty presenting at its activities.
PRINCIPLE GUIDLING RELATIONSHIPS WITH FOR-PROFIT CORPORATIONS-- The Society operates independently from the influence of for-profit, outside sources like the pharmaceutical industry, device manufacturers, food companies, and health insurance and pharmacy corporations, according to its protocol "
American Society of Hypertension, Inc. (ASH) - Guidelines for Relationships with For-Profit Corporations
- Business between the Society and for-profit corporations is conducted without compromising ethical and educational standards of the Society, and with the intention of improving patient health as the ultimate goal.
- PRINCIPLE GUIDING CME ACTIVITIES --ADHERENCE TO ACCME ESSENTIALS-- As an accredited provider of continuing medical education (CME), accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) - the national body accrediting institutions and organizations offering CME-the Society adheres to the Essential Areas, Elements and Standards of the ACCME in the development and implementation of all of its CME accredited activities.
PROTOCOL FOR INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS--The Society has developed protocol regarding interactions and relationships with industry:
for itself as a medical specialty society, click here
- for its responsible persons (Officers, Board Members, Committee Chairs, executive staff and legal counsel), click here.
- for the faculty members of its CME activities, click here.
- PROTOCOL FOR FACULTY PRESENTING AT SOCIETY SPONSORED-CME ACTIVITIES--Society comprehensive protocol for faculty members of its CME activities exceeds the requirements and expectations of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- Annual Scientific Meeting Faculty Members' Disclosures are printed in the Annual Meeting Program Book, which is handed out to the all meeting registrants, and all Faculty Members are required to show their disclosures both at the beginning and the end of their presentations.